YIN Yoga - Twisted Dragon
- Deep hip and groin opener … gets right into the joint;
- Also stretches the back leg's hip flexors and quadriceps;
- Many variations to help work deeply into hip socket;
- Can help with sciatica.
YIN ~ preparing for Dragonfly
- Opens the hips, groin, and the back of thighs;
- Also provides a gentle opening to inner knees;
- Stimulates the ovaries
- Urinary Bladder on back of legs and on the back, and the Liver and Kidney lines through the groin and the Spleen through the inner knees;
- The twisting version will stimulate the Gall Bladder along the side of the torso.
Dragon Splits pose with a simple twist....
- "Dragon Splits" - the deepest stretch for hip flexors. Straighten both legs into the splits. Student can support the front hip with a bolster under the buttock, for balance and to release weight; this relaxes the muscles. Student can sit up tall or fold forward for different sensations;